At Goehring Dental, located in south Austin, TX, Dr. Goehring treats hundreds of patients with impacted wisdom teeth every year. Patients living in the Austin, TX and neighboring areas have trusted and relied upon Goehring Dental to provide advice and an exceptionally high level of dental care when a wisdom tooth extraction is required to treat or prevent symptoms caused by impacted teeth. Dr. Dennis Goehring always takes the time to clearly explain the wisdom tooth extraction procedure, the benefits and risks involved, and what to expect and prepare for prior to oral surgery. Below, our wisdom tooth experts have provided some questions that you may want to ask your dentist or oral surgeon before your procedure. Read on to learn more about wisdom teeth and what to expect before the wisdom tooth extraction.
Wisdom Tooth Questions to Ask Your Dentist
Dr. Goehring firmly believes that patients that are well informed about their wisdom tooth extraction have less anxiety and have recover faster than they would if they weren’t provided any information about the procedure available beforehand. Below you will find some example questions that you may want to ask your dentist before you have your wisdom teeth extracted. Also, be sure to visit our “after wisdom tooth extraction” page for tips and advice on how to have a quick and smooth recovery following removal of your wisdom teeth. Our FAQs page may help to address any remaining questions or concerns you may have about wisdom teeth or the extraction process and an if that doesn’t do the trick, then feel free to contact our Austin, TX office to speak with one of our knowledgeable and dedicated dental professionals.
What to Ask Your Wisdom Tooth Dentist
- How many of my wisdom teeth need to be extracted?
- Are any of my wisdom teeth impacted?
- Have you performed many wisdom tooth extractions?
- Will local or general anesthesia be used during surgery?
- Will the extraction be painful?
- Can I eat or drink before the extraction procedure, or should I fast?
- How long do you expect the wisdom tooth extraction to last?
- Have any of my adjacent teeth or my gum tissue been damaged by the wisdom teeth?
- Will any additional treatments be required?
- How long does recovery generally take after a wisdom tooth extraction?
- Will I be able to drive myself home after the wisdom tooth extraction?
- What are the risks and benefits associated with wisdom tooth extraction?
- Can I safely take my normal prescription medications before surgery?
- Will my dental insurance cover any or all of the extraction procedure?
- Does Goehring Dental offer any payment and financing options?
- Can I take care of myself after the extraction or would it be better to have someone assist me?
- What can I do to properly prepare myself for a speedy recovery after my wisdom tooth extraction?
Contact Goehring Dental for a Wisdom Tooth Examination in Austin, TX
It is common practice for excellent dentists and doctors to communicate often and openly with their patients in order to provide the highest level of service and care and to ensure patient satisfaction. Our experienced team at Goehring Dental in Austin, TX have been safely and effectively treating wisdom tooth patients for many years. Dr. Goehring always takes the time to address his patients’ questions and concerns so that they can make the most informed decision possible in their situation. If you live in or near the Austin, TX area and you are experiencing any symptoms that could be the result of impacted wisdom teeth, then we cordially invite you to Goehring Dental. Dr. Goehring will conduct a thorough wisdom tooth examination and panoramic x-rays to determine the proper treatment for alleviating or preventing your wisdom tooth symptoms. Simply contact our Austin, TX office to schedule your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Goehring today!